UNT's top priority is the health and safety of our current and future students. As we all continue to adjust our lives in response to COVID-19, we are committed to supporting you academically and socially as you take the next steps toward your UNT education.
To help our future students and their families stay on track for joining the Mean Green family, we have established a number of ways to connect with you for questions about UNT admissions.
In-person admissions counseling has resumed. Visit us on the 3rd floor of the Eagle Student Services Center during regular business hours, call us at 940-565-2681, or visit our website and request an appointment via Live Chat.
Please note that masks and social distancing are required on campus.
Admissions Counselors will be available to chat with students and parents who have questions about what you need to do to get ready to apply to UNT or get a status update on your UNT application. If additional support is needed to get your questions answered, your admissions counselor will provide a Zoom link to meet by audio or video. Live chat is available on our website Monday through Friday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- To chat with undergraduate Admissions Counselors, visit admissions.unt.edu and look for the “Live Chat” widget on the right side of the screen.
- To chat with graduate Admissions Counselors, visit tgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissions and look for the “Live Chat” widget on the right side of the screen.
- To chat with international admissions, visit our COVID-19 resources for international students page.
If you prefer a more in-depth remote meeting with UNT Admissions, our admissions team can meet with you via Zoom, which will allow you to share screens to help answer questions regarding application status or what you may need to complete your application.
- Undergraduate students: To set a meeting with an Admissions Counselor at your earliest convenience, please click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Graduate students: Graduate admissions counselors can provide a Zoom link to you and share screens to help answer questions regarding the application process, advanced degree options or other general university information. Click here to schedule a meeting, or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment.
- International students: For general advising inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to schedule an appointment for Virtual Advising via Zoom. Students and scholars will be connected with a UNT Immigration Advisor. If there are multiple students and scholars in the queue, you will be placed directly into a waiting room.
- For a meeting with a current student to ask questions about life at UNT: Email email@example.com or call 940-565-4104.
Call us anytime! If we are unavailable at the time of your call, we will return your call within four business days.
Virtual Events for All Future Students
UNT Virtual Fall Preview is our all-day, virtual open house. It’s your chance to get a sneak peek at campus life, our internationally-recognized programs and what it's like to be part of the Mean Green family. Join us from the comfort of your home, and discover what makes UNT such a creative and caring university — and the perfect place for you to pursue your dreams.
Each Virtual Fall Preview will feature sessions with faculty and staff from three of our colleges. We invite you to register for more than one event so you can explore our 106 undergraduate degree options, and learn more about Housing, Scholarships, Financial Aid and Study Abroad.
Virtual Events for Incoming Freshmen
UNT at Frisco Project Design and Analysis Info Sessions
Learn more about this exciting new three-year degree that will provide you with real work experience through internships and project-based learning alongside our community and corporate partners. There are several Info Sessions to choose from! Once you register, you will receive a Zoom link to participate online. Register for UNT at Frisco Project Design and Analysis Info Sessions.
Virtual Events for Transfer Students
We’ve taken this traditionally on-campus event and made it an accessible and worthwhile experience for transfer students! Not only can you connect with an Admissions Counselor about the application process and Academic Advisors about your major-specific questions, you’ll be eligible for an application fee waiver! See Transfer Debut virtual event dates. Transfer Debut events are held for students interested in attending UNT in Denton and also UNT at Frisco.
Virtual Events for Graduate Students
Grad School Virtual Preview
Learn more about what a UNT grad degree can do for you from select general sessions presented at our fall event. Our spring event dates will be posted soon.
Graduate Program Webinars
Join us for informational webinars about advanced degree programs to learn more how to get started with degree program options, admission requirements and program outcomes.
Questions for Graduate Admissions
If you have already submitted an application and have questions about the status, you can view your status in the application portal at my.unt.edu, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective students can also email us at email@example.com to learn about degree options and the application process.
Graduate Academic Advising
Our graduate academic advisors are available to help you stay on track to earning an advanced degree. They can answer questions about degree plan options, admission criteria and other specific program details. Feel free to email them directly to set up a phone call or virtual meeting.
College Contact Information
To connect with the recruitment team member and learn more about a specific college, go to: