When to apply
Priority admission dates for freshmen:
Submit your completed application and application fee to the admissions office by the following priority dates.
Applying for college can be more difficult during these challenging times. Our goal is to help you realize your dream of earning a college degree. We've extended the freshman priority application date to Aug. 1 and are not charging late fees for Fall 2020 admissions. We will continue to process admission applications after this date.
|Apply by this priority date:
||To enroll for session:
||With classes beginning:
|March 1, 2019*
||Aug 26, 2019
|Dec. 1, 2019
||Jan 13, 2020
|May 8, 2020
||Summer 2020; 3-week session, first 8-week session, full summer sessions
||May 11, 2020
|May 29, 2020
||Summer 2020; first 5-week session, 10-week session and second 8-week session
||June 1, 2020
|July 1, 2020
||Summer 2020; second 5-week session
||July 6, 2020
|Aug. 1, 2020*
||Aug 24, 2020
*You should apply and be admitted by Feb. 1 to ensure that all high school records and entrance exams are current with UNT for scholarship consideration through the General Scholarship Application.
Ways to pay
You may pay the application fee by credit card, money order or check.
If paying by credit card, please include credit card information when completing your application for admission or call 1-800-UNT-8211 (1-800-868-8211) to pay by phone.
If paying by money order or check, please mail your payment to the UNT Office of Undergraduate Admissions. See our mailing address.
Please include your name on your money order or check so we can credit the payment to your account.
The application fee must be paid in U.S. dollars and is non-refundable.
In limited cases, the admission application fee may be waived. To be considered for an admission application fee waiver based on financial need, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and send it to the University of North Texas. Applicants with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 400 or less qualify for an application fee waiver. The FAFSA opens each year on October 1. Students who complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) may also be considered for an admission application fee waiver.
Freshman applicants may also request an admission application fee waiver by submitting one of the following:
- College Board SAT application fee waiver (not the test fee waiver)
- The year on the College Board waiver should match the application year in order for the waiver to be used
- ACT application fee waiver (not the test fee waiver) that must be within 1 year of your high school graduation
- NACAC application fee waiver that must be within 1 year of your high school graduation
- High school counselor letters from an authorized high school counselor
- High school counselor requests for application fee waivers submitted via the Common Application from an authorized High school counselor
- Student Aid Report (SAR) with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 400 or less for the desired semester
- This fee waiver is approved for both freshman and transfer applicants
Application fee waivers may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to the Office of Admissions.
Fax: (940) 369-8267