How to pay the application fee
The application fee for U.S. Citizens & Permanent residents is $75, if received by the Priority Date for the semester you plan to enroll. After the Priority Date, the application fee is $90.
Ways to pay
You may pay the application fee by credit card, money order or check.
If paying by credit card, please include credit card information when completing your application for admission or call 1-800-UNT-8211 (1-800-868-8211) to pay by phone.
If paying by money order or check, please mail your payment to the UNT Office of Undergraduate Admissions. See our mailing address.
Please include your name on your money order or check so we can credit the payment to your account.
The application fee must be paid in U.S. dollars and is non-refundable.
In limited cases, the admission application fee may be waived. Students are considered based on their demonstrated financial need. To be considered for an admission application fee waiver, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and send it to the University of North Texas. Applicants with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 400 or less qualify for an application fee waiver. The FAFSA opens each year on October 1. Students who complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) may also be considered for an admission application fee waiver.
If you are a new freshman applicant and you apply for admission prior to the FAFSA opening for your application term, you may request an admission application fee waiver by submitting one of the following:
- College Board SAT application fee waiver (not the test fee waiver)
- The year on the College Board waiver should match the application year in order for the waiver to be used
- ACT application fee waiver (not the test fee waiver) that must be within 1 year of your high school graduation
- NACAC application fee waiver that must be within 1 year of your high school graduation
- High school counselor letters from an authorized high school counselor
- High school counselor requests for application fee waivers submitted via the Common Application from an authorized High school counselor
Application fee waivers may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to the Office of Admissions.
Fax: (940) 369-8267
Please note that we will only consider these alternative fee waivers for students who apply prior to the FAFSA application opening for their application cycle, July 1 – September 30. Once financial aid applications become available for coming application cycles on October 1, alternative fee waivers will not be considered. Students should complete the FAFSA and send their information to UNT.